Thursday 18 September 2008

Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be Katharine Hepburn in 'Bringing Up Baby'...

I had a conversation with a friend last year about lives as movie genres – he kept imagining himself in a zombie-horror film and once found himself in a late-night garage trying to decide what provisions he would grab in an escape/survival scenario.

For me, it would have to be a screwball comedy – one of those 1930s films with clever, fast-talking women and be-suited men getting into scrapes, improbable coincidences and never knowing where a leopard or Cary Grant will appear from next. (Interesting Cary Grant fact: he allegedly haunts a club in Rottingdean.) Exhausting perhaps, but endlessly exciting and rather glamorous.

So – how about you then? Vote now......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, it's a french new wave musical. Seriously. All the drama, glamour & ennui of new wave, heightened by show tunes. Makes long bus rides to falmer a lot more interesting. I love my imagination. Yours is pretty good too - keep writing! X