1. Writing a long and involved letter to the Inland Revenue explaining the last two years of my tax-paying life. Not in a dodgy way, just overlapping part-time jobs tend to make things a bit complex. So complex that only avoiding packing has encouraged me to sort it out. Maybe they will send me a big(ish) cheque of the sort that has so far eluded me.
2. Looking at things and wondering how to pack them.
3. Buying vintage fabric from ebay to make things for the new flat.
4. Worrying about boxes.
5. Wondering how it is possible to have so many books.
6. Buying books. Yes, really. This will no doubt induce hilarity in anyone who has seen our bookshelves and despair in anyone who will have a hand in moving them.
In other news, I have found out that there is a china cat attached to the wall of a building in the Steine in Brighton, and I have now seen it. This is brilliant because it has been there all along without me spotting it and now it makes me happy every time I go past.