Wednesday 5 August 2009

Fantasy Football

(Possibly the main fantasy aspect of this game for me being the belief that I will remember to update my team...)

Last year the performance of my fantasy football team was pretty mediocre. It was all going averagely until I stopped paying attention for a few weeks, forgot to substitute injured players and plummeted in the mini-league.

However, with renewed enthusiasm I have chosen my new team, and a strip that involves red and pink stripes. The listingslightly fantasy football team 2009-10 starts the season as:

Schwarzer
Bosingwa
Queudrue
Hreidarsson
Warnock
Benayoun
Wright-Phillips
N'Zogbia
Fellaini
Agbonlahor
Adebayor

And have been chosen by the following criteria:
1. Is their name pleasing to say and/or write?
2. Did they perform excellently in my team last year?
3. Do they collectively come from a range of teams, thus improving my chances of actually scoring some points?
4. Are they any good? (I am not entirely silly) And are they likely to play every match?

Will I remember to change the team when necessary? Will I regret the garish socks? Will I score at least enough points that it's not embarassing? And will I start wearing a large overcoat, pacing around the room and shouting at the TV during Match of the Day? Hmmm....

No comments: