Thank you to people who have said nice things and identified themselves as actual listingslightly readers. Some of you are not even relations. I find this heartening.
It is a shame that, having readers, there is not more reading material. Some ideas are simmering. In the meantime, I shall pretend this is a craft blog and demonstrate how to make a festive dove decoration.
scalpel and cutting mat (not essential, but does make it a bit easier)
1. Draw a dove shape on white card and cut it out (this one is about 10cm long).
2. Cut out some strips of white paper (these are 10cm wide) and fold them in a concertina kind of a way about every centimetre.
3. Chop into the concertina-ed paper symmetrically so that when it is unfolded it makes a pattern.
4. Cut a letterbox-shaped hole in the dove card, which is big enough (but only just) to push the folded concertina-paper-wings through.
5. Fan out wings and attach in the middle with glue. Voila!
The first set of these I made was in about 1985 (with added glitter), following instructions from, I think, Blue Peter, so thank you to them, and also to my parents for wielding the scissors....